Epic Mud Run 2013 Highlights:
• New for 2013 - Competitive Waves - This year, the first 10 waves in the morning will be reserved for those wanting to compete competitively. These waves are limited to 100 people each. If you're really into getting a fast time and want to avoid some of the longer lines at obstacles, you should consider signing up in a competitive wave. Starting at 1:00PM, the adult open waves will begin and you will have the option to be timed or not.
• New Air Force Elite Wave - (Limited to 17 - 27 year olds) Do you think you have what it takes to compete against the elite of the elite at Epic Mud Run 2013? More details to come...
• Epic Get Fit, Inc. – Is your company looking for an exciting, low cost, health focused and extremely fun team building opportunity? Is your company prepared to get dirty doing it? The Corporate Challenge offers businesses the opportunity to support a great cause, add excitement to team building, garner some amazing marketing exposure and promote company wide health and fitness. Visit the Get Fit, Inc. information page for all the details.
• Epic Mud Run Jr. – Now the kids can join in on the muddy fun! We have several course options for kids 12 and under. Parents can go along with kids while they do the course. We strongly recommend this for 8 and under. It will be a great time to spend with your child. (We are leaving the lower age limits up to the parents, as that is the way it should be. They should know what their kids are capable of. With that said, we will do our best to design the course for ages 12 and under). Each INDIVIDUAL Adult Epic entry gets a $10 Epic Jr. entry. This does not apply to any team entries, only individuals. See below for all the details!
• Epic Entry Options – Individual, 3-Person Team, 4-Person Team and Corporate Challenge Team and Epic Junior and 2-pack Epic Junior entry options.
• Custom Epic Shirt for each entrant!
• FREE Course and Finish Photos – No paying for your event photos with Ultramax Sports. You will be able to download and share all your photos after the race. We will also have a photo backdrop tent set up for group, company or team photos. View all race day photos HERE!
• Awards – Big 2014 Epic Mud Run discounts for the division winners
• Free Gear Check Area
• Parking – Low cost parking fee $5 per vehicle - 100% goes to Children's Miracle Network and MU Children's Hospital. This year you have the option to purchase your parking pass online when you register! Pay for parking now so you don't have to on race day.
• Finisher Item – Each participant will get a custom Epic Mud Run finisher item - details coming soon!
• You have the option to be timed this year! Choose at the time of registration whether or not you would like to wear a timing chip. Those wearing a chip will be eligible for awards.
• Changing Tents and Showers
• Additional Food & Beverage Available
• Expo / Partner Village at the finish line
• Hydration Station on the Course
• More to come!
Still not convinced to join in on the fun? See what everyone was saying about Epic:
Check out our Video and Comment Page Here!
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight, and win in air, space, and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach, and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: developing Airmen, technology to war fighting and integrating operations. These core competencies make their six distinctive capabilities possible.
Air & Space Superiority: With it, joint forces can dominate enemy operations in all dimensions: land, sea, air, and space.
Global Attack: Because of technological advances, the Air Force can attack anywhere, anytime, and do so quickly and with greater precision than ever before.
Rapid Global Mobility: Being able to respond quickly and decisively anywhere we are needed is key to maintaining rapid global mobility.
Precision Engagement: The essence lies in the ability to apply selective force against specific targets because the nature and variety of future contingencies demand both precise and reliable use of military power with minimal risk and collateral damage.
Information Superiority: The ability of joint force commanders to keep pace with information and incorporate it into a campaign plan is crucial.
Agile Combat Support: Deployment and sustainment are keys to successful operations and cannot be separated. Agile combat support applies to all forces, from those permanently based to contingency buildups to expeditionary forces.
To learn more, please visit www.Airforce.com.
Veterans United Home Loans is the nation's largest dedicated provider of VA Loans -- dedicated to making the American dream of homeownership a reality for those who so bravely served. With headquarters in Columbia, Missouri, our passionate, hard-working team is committed to exceeding our clients' expectations by providing a wealth of helpful information and providing personal, specialized knowledge and support.
The VA Loan is a mortgage loan issued by approved lenders such as Veterans United Home Loans, and guaranteed by the federal government. The program is an earned benefit for those who served, which allows eligible military service members and veterans to finance 100 percent of the purchase price of a home. Because of its unique advantages that include no down payment, no private mortgage insurance (PMI) and competitive interest rates, VA Home Loans offer those eligible a tremendous opportunity to purchase the home of their dreams.
For more information, visit http://www.veteransunited.com/.
Ultramax Events is excited to team up once again with the Children's Miracle Network and The University of Missouri Children's Hospital. As the official charity partners of the Epic Mud Run II, a portion of each entry fee from the race, as well as all parking fees will go directly to both the Children's Hospital and CMN. The Epic Mud Run will benefit your overall fitness, your thirst will be quenched at the post-race party, your ego will get a big boost, and you will be helping an amazing cause! Please consider the extra $5 donation option when you sign up.
The Children's Miracle Network is a year-round fundraising program to benefit hospitals providing healthcare for children. Created by the Osmond Foundation in 1983, the Children's Miracle Network has grown to include 170 hospitals throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Your support of the Children's Miracle Network is critically important to University of Missouri Children's Hospital.
University of Missouri Children's Hospital serves patients from every county in Missouri. With over 30 pediatric subspecialties, a pediatric ICU, adolescent unit and child life therapy, as well as teams equipped and dedicated solely to transporting infants and children, MU Children's Hospital is mid-Missouri's largest and most comprehensive pediatric health care facility.
Event Date: Sunday, September 1, 2013
First wave begins at 9:00AM. Epic Junior waves begin at noon, followed by more open adult waves starting at 1:00PM. Please see wave schedule below for a complete list of start times and wave descriptions.
Midway Travel Plaza - Columbia MO - Click here for directions.
• Epic Mud Run Jr. (Ages 12 and Under) = TBD
•Epic Mud Run II (Recommended Ages 12 & Up) = Approximately 3 Miles
VERY IMPORTANT - YES, PARENTS FOR THOSE PARTICIPANTS UNDER 18 YEARS OLD MUST REPORT TO PACKET PICKUP WITH THIER KIDS TO SIGN THE WAIVER - SORRY NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THIS POLICY.
Epic Course: A course description will be posted soon!
Epic Mud Run Jr. Epic Mud Run Jr. will make its return in 2013! We had so many kids take part last year, that this year we're planning on making the junior race even better. The junior version is designed for those smaller tikes that like to get muddy. Of course, parents will be allowed to run alongside and support their little ones. The junior course distance will vary to accommodate the age of the kid divisions. The longest Epic Jr. course will be roughly 1 mile long, with several tamed-down obstacles. Epic Mud Run Jr. will not present any difficult or high off the ground challenges. There will be a little running/walking, a little mud, a little water and a whole lot of fun as they get to finish in front of the crowd. They will get their own shirt to show off their accomplishment. We have worked hard to keep the fees low so the whole family can participate.
• Epic Mud Run Jr. - Limited to 600 kids. Two waves will be dedicated to those ages 8-12 and another two dedicated to those 7 and under (300 kids each). This will fill fast!
• Epic Mud Run III - The race is limited to the first 5,000 - Mud races around the country fill very fast, don't wait too long, plus you will want to take advantage of early entry discounts! You must register early to reserve the wave you want!
Epic Mud Run III Individual Adult Entry Fee:
• Early Discounted Entry Prior to 1/31/13 = $45
• Prior to 8/17/13 = $55
• Prior to Race Day = $60
• Race Day Registration = $65
Epic Mud Run III 3-Person Adult Team Entry = $150 - All team members are required to sign up at the same time and race in the same wave.
Epic Mud Run III 4-Person Adult Team Entry= $190 - All team members are required to sign up at the same time and race in the same wave.
Epic Mud Jr. Entry Fees:
• Early Discounted Entry Prior to 1/31/13 = $15
• Through Race Day = $20
Junior + Individual Adult Entry:
• Early Discounted Entry Prior to 1/31/13 = $55
• Prior to 8/17/13 = $65
• Prior to Race Day = $70
• Race Day Registration = $75
Get Fit, Inc.:
For one flat fee of $40 per registrant and a minimum of five teammates, your company can participate in the third annual Epic Mud Run by signing up for the Get Fit, Inc. program. Visit the Get Fit, Inc. page for registration information.
**The entry fee listed does not include any credit card or online processing fees.
• Option #1: Reserve your wave! - Click the button below to register online.
• Option #2: Coming Soon - Download and print out the Epic Mud Run PDF registration form. Fill it out and either drop it off or mail in with payment to: Ultramax Sports - 2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101, Columbia, MO 65203. Be sure to complete the waiver!
• Option #3: Simply stop by one of the three Ultramax Sports retail stores and sign up. Remember, if you register at one of our retail locations, you will receive Active Rewards! For every $250 you spend at the store, you will receive $30 to use toward anything in the store, including other Ultramax Events. Visit our retail website to learn more information about Active Rewards and to find the Ultramax Sports location closest to you!
Important Ultramax T-Shirt Policy: In order to keep our late fees lower and due to supply levels and printing constraints you must register on or before 8/17 to be guaranteed to receive your shirt at packet pickup. If you register after 8/17 you may not recieve a shirt when you pick up your packet.
Compare our early entry fee to other mud runs:
(Hint: EPIC is cheaper, and did we mention better shirts, better finisher items, more mud, free beer, $5 parking, no spectator fees and the list goes on and on!)
• Warrior Dash = $55+
• Spartan Race = $115+
• Muddy Buddy Run = $75+
• Savage Race = $85+
• Rugged Maniac Mud Run = $78+
• EPIC MUD RUN = ONLY $45 If you register early!
Saturday, August 31, 2013:
• 12:00PM - 7:00PM: Packet Pickup & New Registration @ Ultramax Sports, 2902 Forum Blvd Suite 101, Columbia, MO 65203
View Larger Map
Sunday, September 1, 2013:
• Packet Pickup and Registration Opens At The Race Site At 8:00AM. You must have your packet picked up prior to 45 minutes before your assigned wave start.
**NO PACKET PICKUPS WILL BE ALLOWED WITHIN 45 MINUTES OF YOUR WAVE START TIME – NO EXCEPTIONS – DON’T BE LATE – NO PACKET, NO RACE – NO REFUNDS – PLEASE ALLOW FOR DELAYS AND LINES.
**You will be allowed to pick other participant's packets up. All athletes will sign a waiver on race day before entering the start corral. You must sign the waiver before you will be allowed to race. There will be waiver signing stations set up at the corral entrance. If you are under 18, parents/guardians must sign the waiver. If your parent/guardian did not sign your waiver, you cannot race.
• 9:00AM: Epic Mud Run Competitive Waves Start (See below for schedule)
• 12:00PM: Epic Mud Run Jr. Waves Start (See below for schedule)
• 1:00PM: Epic Mud Run Open Waves Start (See below for schedule)
**Please note that this schedule is temporary and is subject to change. Please check back periodically.
Important Wave Start Information:
• IMPORTANT - Register early so you can choose the wave you want to start in! This option allows you to race with your friends and family. Wave starts will be available on a first-come first-registered basis.
• Each start wave is limited (see below). You will select your wave at the time of registration. Remember, they will be filled on a first-come basis. When a wave is full, it will be closed and will no longer be available for registration. Register Online TODAY to guarantee your wave start time.
• Once a wave is full, we reserve the right to move mail-in or dropped-off registrations to the next available wave.
• Individuals and teams may start in the same waves. Remember, if you choose to be timed, your race time is based on chip time, not gun time. This means winners can come from any wave, so don’t stop running. It will come down to fractions of a second.
• Waves will be color-coded according to your wristband. You will be given your wristband at the time of packet pickup. You must not remove your wristband. If you don’t have your wristband on, you will not receive finisher items, post-race food, or beer.
• Epic Mud Run reserves the right to add additional waves and start times to accommodate increased registrations.
Air Force Elite Wave Start Time: 9:00AM - Limited to only 17-27 year olds
Epic Mud Run Competitive Wave Start Schedule:
• Competitive Wave #1: 9:15AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #2: 9:30AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #3: 9:45AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #4: 10:00AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #5: 10:15AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #6: 10:30AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #7: 10:45AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #8: 11:00AM - Limit 100
• Competitive Wave #9: 11:15AM - Limit 100
Epic Mud Run Jr. Wave Start Schedule:
• Jr. Wave #1: 12:00PM - Ages 8 - 12 - Limit 150
• Jr. Wave #2: 12:15PM - Ages 8 - 12 - Limit 150
• Jr. Wave #3: 12:30PM - Ages 7 & Under - Limit 150
• Jr. Wave #4: 12:45PM - Ages 7 & Under - Limit 150
Epic Mud Run Open Wave Start Schedule:
*Register early to get the wave you want. You select the wave at time of registration.
• Open Wave #1: 1:00PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #2: 1:20PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #3: 1:40PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #4: 2:00PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #5: 2:20PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #6: 2:40PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #7: 3:00PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #8: 3:20PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #9: 3:40PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #10: 4:00PM - Limit 100
• Open Wave #11: 4:20PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
• Open Wave #12: 4:40PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
• Open Wave #13: 5:00PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
• Open Wave #14: 5:20PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
• Open Wave #15: 5:40PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
• Open Wave #16: 6:00PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
• Open Wave #17: 6:20PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
• Open Wave #18: 6:40PM - Limit 100 (Will open once the above waves are filled.)
The Basic Race Rules:
• Shoes covering the entire foot (not sandals) are required for all participants. You must wear shoes for the entire course, including the finish line. You will be disqualified if you are not wearing both shoes. Please do not use duct tape to keep your shoes on.
• No diving into any obstacles. Feet first only - NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be removed from the course.
• Obey the directions of race officials and volunteers on the course.
• This is a race to each obstacle. This means that if there are any lines or backups at an obstacle, you must wait in the line until your turn. With that said, we have taken significant measures to eliminate the probability of lines at the obstacles. The obstacles and course have been designed to avoid excessive backups.
• You are permitted to help your teammates or anyone else for that matter. If someone needs help, help them. Maybe they will buy you a beer later!
• No hostile contact or interference will be allowed at any time
• No profanity or lewd behavior...hey, we have kids in this event.
• Last, but not least, thank at least 5 volunteers for helping make this race a great time!
• IPICO Timing System - Chips will be in your race packet at packet pickup. Please follow the simple instructions on the packet carefully. Not wearing the transponder properly may prevent you from being timed.
• Transponders are non-transferable - be careful not to switch with other participants.
• The chip must be on your shoe at all times or you will not be scored in the event. Your timing chip will be removed by volunteers once you reach the finish line.
• Failure to return a chip will result in disqualification from all future events owned or timed by Ultramax. In addition, you will be charged a $20 replacement fee. If you find you still have your timing chip after the race, please mail it to:
Ultramax Sports Productions
2902 Forum Blvd. Suite 101
Columbia, MO 65203
Contact Us Here
The awards process with this event is tremendously complicated with the number of wave starts and people needing and wanting to leave before awards can be generated. We decided we will not do individual or team awards at the race site. We are going to go one step further. Instead of handing out some trinket, we are giving our division winners something of real value.
First Place in each of the following individual entry age groups will get $25 off their 2014 race entry. This is better than an award and it makes it a no-brainer to race with us in 2014! Due to the nature of the wave start format we will contact the winners via email and get you your entry code, so make sure you give us your email address when you register!
Age categories for Epic Mud Run: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
3-Person Team Awards:
Male 3-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2014
Female 3-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2014
Coed 3-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2014
4-Person Team Awards:
Male 4-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2014
Female 4-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2014
Coed 4-Person Teams - Winning Team gets $50 off Team Entry in 2014
*Due to the nature of the wave start format we will contact the winners via email and get you your entry code.
There will be a very small $5 per vehicle parking fee to enter the event grounds. PLEASE NOTE: We are donating all of the parking money to our great charity partner. It's only $5 and goes to an amazing cause. This year you can purchase your $5 parking pass when you register!
Refund Policy: 50% of your entry fee will be refunded up until 30 days from race date. Refunds are not available for any reason, other than active military service, less than 30 days prior to an event. Event entries are transferable between persons, Event entries ARE NOT transferable between events or years. We are sorry but we will not be able to make exceptions will to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to these refund terms. To request a refund or transfer to another person simply fill out and submit a form on our Contact Us Page.
Weather Policy: In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed as long as possible in hopes the inclement weather will pass. If the event is cancelled a 25% credit for next year will be issued for all registered and paid in full participants in the 2013 event. No refunds or transfers will be issued if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather.
We will have a dry and secure gear check area available at the race site. We will keep your small-secured bag for you while you race and enjoy the event. You must bring your own bag, as we will not be providing them for you. Make sure your bag is labeled clearly with your information. Do not put anything of value in your bag; the Epic Mud Run is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Discarded items and bags not picked up will be donated to a local charity. Arrive early to check your bags. Your wristband will be your identification to retrieve your bag.
The Ultramax Championship Series launched in 2004 and starts over with each new season. The series is a competition comprised of Ultramax owned races and a select few of Missouri's best events. Participants are awarded points at each Ultramax Series Race based on their individual finish time versus the overall amateur's finish time. Must like the USAT rankings, events in the series have a multiplier based on the specific event. You must be a USAT annual member before the first event of the series in order to be eligible to compete. See the Series page for complete scoring information!
We have positions of all kinds where volunteers can see the start, portions of the race and even the finish. Nearly 100% of all unsolicited racer comments include praise for our volunteers; this is truly what makes these events possible. The racers really appreciate your time because they know and realize they could not pursue this sport without volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, please take a second to fill out our Volunteer Inquiry Form.